Fundraising for Kids Company
We currently need to raise over £24m per year to continue our work supporting vulnerable children. With your support, we can do it!
Donate by Text
To make an immediate donation of £5 text KIDS HELP to 70700. A £5 SMS will be billed to your mobile account. For more information contact 0845 644 6838
To donate online, please follow this Link. Our registered charity number is 1068298.
Send a cheque
Donations by cheque should be made payable to Kids Company and sent to: Kids Company, 1 Kenbury Street, London, SE5 9BS. We like to say thank you to all our amazing donors, so please include your address if you’re happy to be contacted by us.
Help us make more of your gift by filling out a Gift Aid form. Gift Aid is tax relief on money donated to UK charities. Please note that donors must pay enough UK income tax and/or capital gains tax themselves to cover the amount of tax the charity will reclaim. Download our Gift Aid form here.
Leave a legacy
A charity legacy in your will is exempt from inheritance tax and probably the most tax-effective gift you can make. Your solicitor will advise you on the exact wording for making a gift to Kids Company in your will, but these details should be included:
Registered address: Kids Company, 1 Kenbury Street, London, SE5 9BS
Registered charity no: 1068298
Thank you for deciding to put your valuable time and energy into raising money to help vulnerable children, all of us at Kids Company are so grateful for your efforts and we’re here to help you have fun with your fundraising!
To help you get started we’ve put a few ideas together to help you think up some fabulous fundraising events. The sky really is the limit, so let your imagination run loose and please do get in touch to let us know your plans so we can offer our assistance. If you’d like to do any of our fundraising ideas or you have ideas for new events and initiatives you can contact a member of the fundraising team at the Kids Company office on 0845 644 6838 or via email. We’d love to hear from you
Fancy taking on your own event or challenge to raise money for Kids Company? Here are just a few ideas for individual fundraising; then it’s down to you to get your friends involved to support you!
- Got any hidden talents? For budding bakers, artists or musicians why not sell your skills for Kids Company? Hold a bake sale, craft stall, art exhibition or concert at a local venue and charge your friends for the privilege of seeing or owning the products of your creative genius!
- Clear out your cupboards and have a Kids Company car boot sale, make sure people are aware it’s for charity and encourage them to give generously!
- Get sponsored! If you have any secret indulgences or something you think you can’t live without, what better motivation and challenge than to give it up to raise money for vulnerable children? Whether it’s Facebook, chocolate, alcohol or coffee, get your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you to give it up for a week, a month, or even a year! Alternatively, if it’s a fairly expensive habit, you could donate the money you’ve saved from giving it up to Kids Company at the end of the time period.
- How about taking something up instead of giving it up and getting sponsored to do something a bit different? Dye your hair pink or even shave it all off! Wear something outrageous for the day or do an adventurous challenge like a bungee jump or sky dive (check our challenges page if you’re interested!)
- Throw a birthday bash and ask your friends to make a donation to Kids Company instead of giving a present. You could even make your own pledge cards to give out and encourage everyone to aim for a target total which you announce at the end of the night.
Hosting group events with friends and family can be a fantastic way to bring people together for a fun evening whilst raising money for vulnerable children. Try out some of the below ideas and if you’d like to discuss an event you’re organising please contact us to discuss how we can help!
- Test out how clever your friends really are with a charity quiz night, make it more interesting by creating questions that apply to your friendship group and see how well you know each other! Raise the ticket price slightly, create a dress code and add food and/or drinks to make it more special.
- Pool together all of your contacts and ask around for some great prizes to be donated for an auction or raffle, then just invite people for dinner, book a restaurant or hold a Christmas/Halloween/Summer/Easter/Fancy Dress party (any kind of party really) and ask people to get involved. If you’re struggling for prizes why not try an auction of promises? Get friends to pledge favours, be it dog walking, babysitting, grass cutting, a 3 course home-cooked meal or even a stay at someone’s holiday home!
- Enjoy an old-school night with a cheesey karaoke competition where everyone contributes money to Kids Company to get involved; get your friends to dress up as famous divas and rock stars to add to the hilarity of the evening!
- There’s plenty of events you can arrange at home with friends to raise money. Swap a night on the tiles for a night in and donate the money you’ve saved on drinks and food to Kids Company. Have a pamper session, a sports night, a board games night or a film night instead!
Go it alone or team up with fellow parents to organise some really fun events with your child/ren’s school that the kids can enjoy as well as the parents!
- Organise a sponsored walk with your child/ren’s school, make it fancy dress for added fun and encourage the children by setting targets to beat and having rewards for the most money raised, fastest time, best costumes, most improved and more!
- Speak with the school about holding a non-uniform day for Kids Company. To get the kids more excited you could think of a theme, such as Harry Potter or Super Heroes and have a prize for the best dressed.
- Organise a talent show for the children and charge parents for attending, or reverse this idea and get some of the teachers and parents to participate in a funny show or pantomime to make the children laugh as well as other parents!
- Hold an arts and crafts competition and get children to paint and create some beautiful artwork to put on display in an exhibition for parents with some refreshments and an entrance fee for Kids Company.
Kids Company has many incredible corporate supporters who get involved in a variety of fundraising activities and events throughout the year. Corporates can take on a number of the individual and group fundraising ideas we’ve already outlined; these sorts of events can be great opportunities for team building and giving back to local communities as part of your CSR initiatives. Here are a few more office fundraising ideas:
- Organize a quiz night, an auction or charity ball. These events are really good ways of bringing colleagues together outside of work and are perfect for an office social! Glam up, pull in a few favours to get some great prizes and have a fun evening out with your team.
- The traditional bake sale works perfectly in offices and can be a great way of raising money whilst having a sweet treat for that afternoon lull.
- Organise a sports tournament for those competitive colleagues. You could do table tennis, 5-a-side football, netball or something more obscure. Get teams or individuals to donate a certain amount of money to join the tournament and get hold of a trophy or prize for the winners.
- Hold a Kids Company themed office tea party or coffee morning with cakes and information on the charity and give people the options of donating in a bucket or signing up to donate out of their payroll.
- A Fancy dress day in aid of Kids Company is a great way of letting your hair down and being silly for a day, check you haven’t got any external meetings and then go costume crazy!
- If your company is a retailer or consumer-led business, you could also add a discretionary donation to the bill or collaborate on a product and donate a percentage of the proceeds to Kids Company.
For other corporate opportunities please see our corporate volunteering page.
Kids Company is lucky enough to be a part of several excellent fundraising events, many of which are organised with our celebrity supporters and industry friends. Previous successes include a number of fantastic concerts and comedy gigs with a range of stars from Coldplay to Michael McIntyre and our interior design sale The Spring Clean. Check our events page for upcoming events. We also have a number of product collaborations with brands such as Liberty and John Lewis, with a percentage of the proceeds going to Kids Company, so keep an eye out for these too!
We have opportunities for you to take part in an amazing range of sponsored races, expeditions and challenges, all in aid of Kids Company.
Donate to Kids Company when you make purchases online through Easy Fundraising! See below for more information.